This weekly Tweet selection focuses on teaching tools, habits for teachers who use technology and teacher VS learner centered models. A part from that, we glance at the new ETHE collection about games and simulation and other sources about its relation with online learning, VLE and social media as a research tool. The other informations we have gathered are related to the implementation of automatation through some articles and infographics concerning to Machine Learning, Data Science and the technological innovations of the so called 4th Industrial Revolution.
Monday, 8 May
• ICT tools for teaching. A video about teaching innovation in catalan universities (in catalan with english subtitles).
— ACUP (@ACUPcatalunya) May 8, 2017
1st case: Viquipsicologia. Use of Wikipedia to improve written communicative competences. University of Barcelona.
2nd case: Use of the Learning Analytics in online collaborative environments: monitoring and evaluation of communicative interactions in ICT skills’ subject at the Open University of Catalonia.
3rd case: Effectiveness of the WIRIS quizzes tool in an online maths course. Open University of Catalonia
More information at: www.acup.cat/casos-seleccionats
• New ETHE collection: “Games and Simulation in Higher Education” https://www.
— eLearn Center (UOC) (@eLC_UOC) May 8, 2017
• 7 habits of teachers who use technology
— Brandon Johnson (@bjohnson_STEAM) May 8, 2017
Tuesday, 9 May
• Chart about learner-centered Personalization and teacher-centered Differentiation and Individualization by Barbara Bray and Kathleen McClaskey.
— Alex Corbitt (@Alex_Corbitt) May 9, 2017
Wednesday, 10 May
• Social media research tools to use this channels as a data source.
Using Twitter as a data source: an overview of social media research tools (updated for 2017) https://t.co/JmXys3FO0w
— ETHE journal (@ETHEjournal) May 9, 2017
• Machine Learning model processes.
— Alain VanGroenendael (@avangroenendael) May 10, 2017
Thursday, 11 May
• An analysis on data science examined through the relationship between several key concepts in the data science realm.
— Miguel Selas (@miguelselas) May 11, 2017
• An infographic about 4IR Technologies in the innovation landscape.
— LiquidHub (@LiquidHub) May 11, 2017
Friday, 12 May
• A regard over the connection between games and online learning. How game-based learning can improve the way children are taught.
The positive connection between games and online learning https://t.co/iEHsWSlAlD
— The Edvocate (@AdvocateforEd) May 12, 2017
• International Journal of Educational Technology in Higher Education research article “Scenarios in virtual learning environments for one-to-one communication skills training” by Raja Lala, Johan Jeuring, Jordy van Dortmont and Marcell van Geest.
— ETHE journal (@ETHEjournal) May 12, 2017